The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHSC-H) founded the University of Texas Houston Retiree Organization (UTHRO) in 1993. At that time, the retiree organization had basic objectives which have been augmented over time serving the following purposes:
- To aid employees in making the transition from active employee to retiree by providing a continued relationship;
- To enhance the relationship between retirees and UTHSC-H by providing a means of communication and collaboration;
- To sponsor educational presentations relating to concerns of retired persons, including but not limited to, medical care and other economic, legal, and social issues;
- To articulate issues of concern to retired persons;
- To increase retiree participation in university activities, such as mentor and volunteer programs, annual campaigns, teaching part-time, etc.
For more information about The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Retiree Organization please click on the following links below:
- Officers and Committees
- The Evergreen Newsletter (Publication updated monthly)
- Current Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
Join UTHRO today!
New Beginnings – Better Together
The UTHRO executive committee officers are perpetually busy planning new beginnings within this group to be together. Why should you participate?
- You have a friend who participates in UTHRO and recommends it.
- You are a forward thinking person who welcomes new opportunities.
- You like the idea of being with others and making new friends.
- You feel fortunate to be a part of this shared UTHSC-H common bond.
- The combination of good times with good friends appeals to you.
Studies can be pursued at home alone. Television can be viewed at home alone. Reading can be enjoyed at home alone. A healthy lifestyle can be maintained alone through exercise and other activities. Family is always cherished in many of these efforts. Good works are prominent in many of our lives. All of these actions make up very busy lifestyles for us all.
The remaining question then is how else can we enrich our lives? And the answer is … there is power in joining others in new and challenging endeavors. By meeting together, let us spur one another on toward new beginnings of adventures and camaraderie. We are better together!
So please, come and join UTHRO - you’ll be glad you did …